Tuesday, January 5, 2016

2015 Highlights and Resolutions


Happy 2016 Everyone! 

It seems like 2015 went by way too fast but we really had an amazing year. I just wanted to take some time and share my favorite moments of this past year (only top favorite or we would be here forever) so many great things happened this year and we have made the best memories!
 Here are a few quick highlights!
February our sweet sweet boy was admitted to the hospital for RSV, thankfully all of our wonderful co-workers took such great care of him and he was better in no time!
We had the best Valentine's Day week in Watkins Glenn New York at the finger lakes for some great wine tasting! 

In April of last year week took an amazing vacation just the two of us to cancun and to visit Morgan's family in Utah. We had 4 AMAZING days in cancun then 4 even better days in Utah, hiking, shooting and spending time with his wonderful family. 
In June we FINALLY closed on our house. The process took about 4 months but it was 100% worth the wait we absolutely love it.  What a crazy month that was, Morgan was working nights in the SICU and we slept on an air mattress in the master bedroom for a week until we got our frame set up! 
Morgan took me to Philadelphia for a weekend in the city in July for my birthday.
In August we took Brooks to the beach for the very first time in Dewey DE. He had the best time ever with all of his family and family friends. It was so wonderful to all be able to spend some time together at the beach with joined houses. He always I even took his first steps the first day we were there! 
 Morgan's family also came to visit us in August. Having everyone stay at our house was so much fun! 6 adults 1 Myah and 2 babies.  We had a full house for sure but we wouldn't have had it any other way. It was so nice to have them and we can't wait until they come back again.
 September is our favorite month! Both boys had birthdays, Brooks turned ONE on the 6th and Morgan's birthday is also in September. 
In October Morgan presented at the national Plastic Surgery Conference in Boston and did AMAZING, I am so proud of everything he has accomplished.
So many wonderful things have happened for us this year and 2016 already feels like its going to be a great year for us! We are planning a trip to Costa Rica in March. In April I am going to Key West for my grandma's 75th Birthday! and much much more.

My Resolutions for this year aren't really resolutions but more things that I want to do more of and improve on.  
First is to be more organized,  our house is always clean but I really want everything to have a set place.  Its so hard with a toddler who likes to re-organize everything and place things in the most off the wall spots that you could think of.  I want to get into more house projects and really start personalizing some things. Starting with a picture wall at the top of our stairs!  I am also working on a little small project that I've hinted at in my last post for our hallway.
Next I want to really get back into yoga.  I have been going to Aerial yoga with my friends when we have had the time and are all off work but we are going to try to make this more of a routine.  Aerial yoga has been so much fun and I feel like I'm getting my flexibility and abdominal strength back.  I want to practice yoga more at home also and not just wear my yoga clothes around the house.  I need to put all this new LuLuLemon to good use!
Finally I am going to try to focus on a really excellent skin care routine.  My skin has always been clear and I have thankfully not had any real issues with it.  I truly believe that your make up is only as good as your skin underneath and if I want my skin to stay healthy for years to come I need to start working on it now.  I just bought some new products that I am really excited about and will be doing a review on soon!
Ok that was long enough for tonight.. It is absolutely freezing here so I think its time to steal Morgan away from his research and snuggle up in bed with a movie!
Thank you so much for catching up and have a great rest of the week! Look out for my Lavanilla product review later in the week. 
Good night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment