Saturday, January 9, 2016

Shopping Splurges.

So this week I have purchased a few new things that I think are super adorable and want to share.  I did a little Sephora order earlier in the week that just arrived, my bi-weekly Target trip and a wonderful new splurge from True Religion!  I am super happy about these little presents I bought for myself and to keep our bank account happy with me as well, I picked up a few overtime hours as well last night.  Worst idea I have ever had! I may have to rethink my spending habits after an extra shift like last night!  That most likely will never happen..... SO until the next 3 years of residency are over, I will keep sacrificing myself to a few extra hours here and there to keep Morgan's comments about my Sephora splurges away :).
Here are a few of my favorite things I bought this week!
Sephora (Stock-Up)
I'm really looking forward to trying these great products I purchased from Sephora this week.  If you read my post about my resolutions for this year then you know my big thing is taking care of my skin.   The wisest thing anyone has ever told me was "Your make-up is only as good as your skin underneath".  I do tend to use more expensive foundations and BB creams so of course I want to make sure I am getting the most out of them that I can.
I was really needing a good facial moisturizer to use before bed.  Something that was going to hydrate my skin and also keep it looking energized (12 hour nursing shifts are a killer).  I came across this product from Fresh its called Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream with Super 7 Complex. 
I bought the 0.5oz version for $17.00 because I wanted to make sure I really loved this product before committing to the 1.7oz size.  This product is formulated with great ingredients the first listed is Water always a great sign.  Also it includes Vitamins C, E & Vegetable glycerol as well as Maca Root to enhance luminosity and cell turnover (always a good thing).  It is supposed to prevent the signs of aging, provide 24 hours of moisture and boost radiance. That being said I have high hopes for this product! I will review on it eventually when I have used it enough to give my true opinion.

MUDSLIDE by Drybar is a hair mask that I have been wanting to try for awhile but finally got around to ordering it!  Being a mom and a nurse my hair is constantly being thrown up into a pony tail or pulled back quickly in some form and can take a pretty hard beating.  I pay quite a bit of money when I get my hair done and want to keep it looking fresh and healthy!  This is the first product from Drybar that I am trying so its pretty exciting but I have my eye on a few other products to try by this brand.  So far I have only opened the container to smell how wonderful it smells and I cannot wait to try it out and share soon!

The final thing I bought in this little haul was my Amazing Grade Firming Body Emulsion Lotion.  I absolutely swear by this product.  I began using this when I first found out I was pregnant.  I am super tiny about 100lbs and had an almost 8lb healthy baby boy...With NO STRETCH MARKS!  I seriously give all the praise to this AMAZING LOTION. It is a miracle worker.  I used it twice a day religiously when I was pregnant and I do not have a single stretch mark I swear 100%.  I have continued to use this product ever since. It provides the best moisture.  This is my third time repurchasing it.  I buy the huge bottle that lasts me forever.  I first had the scent Unconditional Love, then tried Falling in Love.  I am super sad that they don't sell Loveswept in this lotion that is my all time favorite!  Like always I am not disappointed in the least with this lotion.  Amazing Grace smells.... Amazing, would you expect anything less?

Finally Finally Finally I have reached the top tier at Sephora.  I have officially received my VIB Rogue status. Which you get for spending I think its $1,000 a year I believe.. Oops. Not only do you get free makeovers in store, early access to all sales and free 3 days shipping on any order.. You get this adorable VIB Rogue exclusive red Marc Jacobs lipstick.  I love this shade of red.  I find it to be perfectly bright without being in your face and very classy.

True Religion
My goal since Christmas has been to find Morgan a pair of jeans that fit just right.  Try finding a 32X36 anywhere its about near impossible.  I ordered him a size 33 in True Religion and am pretty positive they will fit great and he will love him.  Although he hasn't gotten around to trying them on yet (Eyes Rolling).  While looking for jeans I came across this really fun T-Shirt for myself.. I resisted buying a new pair of Jeans since I just ordered a new pair for Express the day before.  I am really loving T-shirts with fun sayings right now and I found this to be perfect!  Next time I want to order the T-shirt with the big Buddha on the front. Unfortunately they didn't have it in my size when I made this order.


On a random side note... How adorable is this Coffee Mug I found at Target for $5! I never liked coffee before I started nursing school when I quickly realized it was essential for survival.


Hope Everyone enjoys their weekend! 
If anyone has any good Drybar product suggestions please share a comment I would love to know what to try next!






No comments:

Post a Comment