Thursday, January 28, 2016

January Favorites

Hi Everyone! So since we are almost done with the month of January...Thank goodness I am ready for warm weather already!  I thought I would share my top five things that I have been using and loving this month.  It was extremely hard to just choose 5 things but I didn't want this to be a long post so I kept it limited.  Plus I am writing this during nap time which means I only have 1-2 hours to write this, shower and clean for the day haha.  Let's start the countdown!

#5
Naked Flushed by Urban Decay
Shade- Naked 


Lately I have found myself always reaching for this palette on a daily basis.  As you can see I have really put a dent into it.  I think I have had this for almost a year now and it is really lasting me a long time.  Right now I am loving the bronzer in this.  It's the most perfect color to just warm up your skin a touch in the winter.  The highlighter that comes in this is very comparable to the Matte Radiance by Laura Mercier.  I haven't used a lot of the blush yet because I have a burberry blush that is very very similar to this color that I find myself using more.  As soon as I run out of the bronzer I think I will repurchase this again but with a different shade of blush, maybe something a little lighter.  

#4
Hunter Boots



I got these for Christmas and already I think I love them more than my Ugg boots!  Reason 1- I really think these keep my feet warmer- I also have the inserts that go with them, but even without the inserts just normal socks keep my feet warm in these. Reason 2- Obviously you can get them wet thats what they are for.  I have been wearing this almost every day since we got all the snow I am so thankful for them!  I have not slid on the ice either, the traction on the bottoms is so great! Reason 3- I really think these look a lot nicer then the Uggs.  In black these just look so classy even paired with jeans or leggings.  They also come in really fun colors, I think I will invest in a light blue pair for the spring!

#3
Make Up Forever- Mat Velvet+
Shade 30 & 35

My favorite foundation!  I have been using this stuff for 2 years.  I try other foundations and always am either disappointed or just think Mat Velvet is better.  Make Up Forever has the best shade ranges that I have ever seen in foundations.  My perfect colors are #30&35.  Its the most perfect combination for me because in the winter when I am at my palest #30 is perfect, throughout most of the year I mix them together to get my exact shade and in the summer #35 is perfect with my tan.  I keep wanting to try the Ultra HD but I really just can't get away from this.  A little bit goes a long way so you really need just a little dot on the top of your hand then use your brush to really blend it into your skin.  It blends really nicely with contour products also.  Overall A+++ foundation!

#2
Mahogany Teakwood Candle
Bath & Body Works

One of my best friends got this for me about a month ago and I have burned the heck out of this thing ever since.  I literally would light this candle every night.  It says that it is supposed to smell like "fine woods" with lavender and geranium but honestly this scent reminds me of walking into an Abercrombie store.  Its not as overpowering as that Abercrombie scent but its the same idea.  It makes my whole house smell nice and clean, just a really comforting smell.  This would be the perfect scent for having company over,  I think its something that just appeals to everyone.  

#1
Mudslide by Drybar


Resisting the urge to use this hair mask everyday is a real struggle.  Holy Fantastic!  The scent is that really clean/sweet drybar classic smell.  It reminds me of expensive shampoo with a little candy mixed in.  Use your shampoo and then use this mask from roots to tip.  I leave mine in for about 10 minutes while I am doing all my other showery things.  My hair looked, smelled and felt fantastic afterward.  The softness lasted at least 3 days after I used this product and that was with rewashing my hair every one of those days.

TaDa! Got this all done and still have time to spare with nap time.  Thankfully the month of January has flown by and we are on to one of my favorite months, I absolutely love Valentines day!  So for the month of February my little goal is to get at least 10 more followers... so follow away!
Here are the links to everything I mentioned in this post

No comments:

Post a Comment