Thursday, January 7, 2016

La Vanila I love you

LAVANILA is a wonderful wonderful brand that I discovered while following the Vlog by Make up By Tiffany D (everyone should check her out she is so great!)  This brand got my attention because it is all natural and full of amazing ingredients that are so healthy for your skin.
 I have only tried one scent so far because I am obsessed with it but when my current deodorant runs out I am excited to try a new scent.  I am in absolute love with the LaVanila scent Fresh Vanilla Lemon.  The most popular scent that they have is Vanilla Coconut and I wish I could try this it has gotten so many great reviews and my best friend uses this scent and loves it.  Unfortunately I am allergic to coconut (awful I know).  I really do love lemon scented things, doesn't matter if its bath products, cleaning products, whatever, it just smells so fresh and clean to me.  My favorite color is yellow so naturally I was drawn to the Vanilla Lemon.
I remember the first day I wore this deodorant.  I was so excited when it finally came from Sephora.  Side note- if you order from the LAVANILA website, they sell the deodorant in a 3 pack and multi-scent packs!  That way you never run out (I have a horror story about that later).  I started using the deodorant last June.  The first day I wore it was extremely hot outside and my friend and I decided to take my son to the zoo near us.  I was nervous at first about being outside with a new deodorant that I had no idea if it would work or not.  I'm pretty sure my friend thought I was insane at first because the first thing I said to her when she came over was "HERE SMELL MY ARMPIT".  Naturally she loved the scent, how could you not.  For the remainder of the day I casually would fix my hair so I could smell my deodorant.  I know this is weird but if you have tried this brand before you can't deny that you have done the exact same thing!
I have never had an issue using this deodorant with sweating through it or smelling bad.  I do use it twice a day like directed from the container but it still lasts you for awhile.  
Let me tell you about the time I ran out of my deodorant.  It had been a really busy week and I hadn't noticed that I was getting to the end of my deodorant.  Needless to say I did not order another in enough time to hold me over from when I officially ran out.  I did everything I could to get every last bit of the deodorant out, to the point where I was literally scraping it out of the container.  Eventually I had to resort to using a drug store brand I got at target.  I had used this brand forever before so there is nothing wrong with drug store deodorant by any means.  My skin was just so used to the LAVANILA and I think the harsh ingredients in the drug store brand really irritated my skin.  I had used the alternative brand right before a 12 hour work shift which was a HUGE mistake. I was itchy and miserable for the ENTIRE shift. Not to mention I had been stuck in the trauma bay for 2 hours and was actually SWEATING!  I was really missing my LAVANILA in that moment.  
Never will I ever make the mistake again of running out, I am completely hooked.  I now keep a spare in the extra's bin in our bathroom.  This is also for Morgans sanity. I'm pretty sure he was so annoyed listening to me complain about my armpits that long week haha.  He likes to call it my "Fancy" deodorant. He thinks he is hilarious sometimes.  I actually got him the Jack Black deodorant for christmas in his stocking so he can have "Fancy" deodorant also.
Recently I have started using the LAVANILA Body Butter! This is the best body butter I have tried.  Of course I bought it in Fresh Vanilla Lemon because I can't get away from this scent as hard as I try. It is the perfect combination of thick and silky.  This butter absorbs so fast into your skin and lasts all day without making your skin feel oily.  Again it has all natural healthy ingredients.  I used it after I get out of the shower on days that I'm not using my body scrub.  I use it immediately after shaving my legs and never have I had any irritation or burning from this product.

Everything about this line in wonderful.  My next purchases are going to be Vanilla Grapefruit deodorant and body butter, and I think I am also going to try the sunscreen when we go to Costa Rica. 
I never was really a believer that all natural products were better before I started using this line.  My skin has really felt so much smoother and healthier after using these products.
Deodorant $14 and Body Butter $19
Let me know your thoughts if anyone has ever tried LAVANILA, I'm anxious to see if anyone else loves it as much as me!

No comments:

Post a Comment