Tuesday, February 2, 2016

5 ways to wake up with prettier skin

Over the past 2 weeks I have been trying these five things to see if they really did make a difference in what my skin looked like in the morning.  I can honestly say that I have been noticing a difference in my skin after making and following these 5 changes!  Of course I am obsessed with good skin so I would never recommend things that I wouldn't try myself :) So here are my 5 ways to help wake up looking prettier in the morning.

 #5 Use an eye cream
No matter how old you are and if you think you need an eye cream or not...you do.  It's always best to start early.  Find an eye cream that is light but moisturizing.  Heavier moisturizers don't always make them better.  If you don't like it then you won't use it.  Wearing an eye cream at night will make your eyes look plump and moisturized when you wake up. 

This is the eye cream I am using currently by Bobbi Brown. Definitely worth the price and it lasts forever.
Bobbi Brown
#4 Pull your hair back
Whatever is on your hair at the end of the day gets on your pillow and ultimately on your face when you sleep.  Try to pull your hair back in a braid or a bun to keep the oil and dirt from getting on your face. Also it is helpful to use a silicone free shampoo and a silk or satin pillow! Not only are they better for your skin but they are so comfy to sleep on! 
We have some amazing bed linens from Pottery Barn that are definitely worth the price! If you haven't invested yet in good quality linens then now is the time.
Pottery Barn
#3 Use a humidifier at night
When you are using a great moisturizer at night why not do everything you can to get the most out of it.  Adding moisture to the air when you sleep is a great way to really get your skin hydrated.  The more moisture you give your skin at night the less you have to use during the day.  I can get away with just using a light moisturizer during the day under my make up because of how well I hydrate my skin at night.  Never during the day does my skin feel dry or irritated.  Any kind of humidifier works.  We just use a simple Vicks brand from Target or Amazon.
This one is great because it has an oil diffuser built into it.  Morgan likes to add a little Eucalyptus oil to the humidifier.  Seriously it is so relaxing,  I feel like I'm sleeping like a baby koala.

#2 Do a Spot Treatment...with a purifying mask
If you find that you have an isolated pimple appear out of the blue then the best thing you can do overnight is to just do a spot treatment.  I have found that the "acne spot treatment" gels and creams that they sell are overpriced and super harsh on my skin.  What I like to do is use one of my strong purifying masks, either my glam glow or boscia mask, and apply a little mask of the area before bed.  I let it dry so that I don't wake up with mask all over my pillow and then in the morning I wash it off with just warm water.  Now seriously there is nothing magic out there that will make you pimple go completely away over night.  But these masks will help to reduce the size, irritation and redness of your skin at the site.  NEVER NEVER NEVER sleep with a mask on your whole face, just use as a spot treatment.
#1 Wash ALL of your make-up off before going to bed
If I could only give just one tip then this one would be it.  It is so so important to make sure you are getting all of your make up off before going to bed or using a moisturizer.  If you paying good money for your cleansers and moisturizer then you need to make sure that they are able to do their job properly.  First before cleansing your face make sure that you are removing you make up.  I use a variety of different products to do this depending on the amount of time that I have.  On nights where I am exhausted I just use simple make-up remover wipes from target, cheap and easy! (I get the ones in the light purple pack).  Recently I have been using simple Ponds Cold Cream that I picked up at target, its really adding some extra moisture to my skin!  My all time favorite is the Boscia Make-Up Break up cleansing oil- it is seriously so so good!
After you remove your make-up make sure you are using a good cleanser.  I like to use the Murad Anti-aging cleanser along with my clarisonic Mia 3 to get a really good clean before bed.
Try these few things for a solid week and I guarantee you will see a difference even after day 1.  Its great how just simple and easy changes to your skin care routine can make a huge noticeable difference.  
If anyone has any other great skin care product suggestions make sure to email me. I am always up to trying new things!

No comments:

Post a Comment