Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Mascara madness

The other day I got a super sweet email from a follower and one thing she asked me was if there was one make-up item I could not live without what would it be? My answer is : MASCARA! 
  Honestly if I wear nothing else on my face I will always wear mascara at all times!  I don't like my lashes to look fake but I think mascara is one of those things that just makes you look pretty.  The first thing I seem to always look at when looking at other people is their eye lashes. It amazes me how you can get so many different looks from different Mascaras.

   So here is my list of top favorite Mascaras for different occasions. 

Best Every Day 
Make Up Forever- Smokey Extravagant Mascara



 I'm a nurse in a crazy Emergency department, I work 12 hour shifts and never really bother spending too much time getting ready in the morning because it will all be ruined in the first 30 minutes of working guaranteed.  But what I love about this mascara is that it goes on effortlessly in 10 seconds and looks great all day.  I never have smearing or raccoon eyes at the end of the day.  It makes my eye lashes look defined but natural and acceptable for going to work.  Best part is that it removes easily with just normal washing of my face at the end of the day when I am ultimately exhausted.  I have been using this product for years... That's saying something. 
Gold star.. Blue Ribbon whatever it is Make Up Forever wins it with their mascara! 

Best Water Proof
Tarte- Lights Camera Splashes



 My best water proof mascara award goes to Tarte.  This mascara is truly water proof not just water resistant like I've found in a lot of other Mascaras that say they are "Water proof".  I have worn this on many vacations, in the pool, the ocean, sweating on the beach.. Doesn't matter my mascara won't budge.  True test to this: I even wore this to my best friends wedding where I cried like a baby.. And still looked fabulous doing it! 

Most Dramatic
Too Faced- Better Than Sex

Is this really better than Sex?? Honestly, probably depends on who your partner is haha for me currently no way but prior I would have to say heck yes it is! If you are looking for very full, dramatic looking lashes then this is for you! Make sure you spend the time to do it right or you will end up with clumps.

Best Date Night

Urban Decay- Perversion


Urban decay really does not have any product that I haven't liked.  Perversion is my favorite go to date night mascara.  Perfect for when you want to look perfect but not over the top.  This mascara will give you well defined, volumized and BLACK lashes! I love how deeply black the formula is.  It's a very wet formula also which makes it very easy to work with and build up!

Splurge Mascara
CHANEL- Le Volume De Chanel Mascara

If you want to feel a little fancy then give this mascara a try!  It is the best sophisticated, black and volumizing look that you can get.  This mascara is everything that you would think of when you hear the name Chanel.  It is sleek and classy with elegance.  The best part is the packaging! It comes in the cutest little black bag that is perfect for packing earrings in on trips.  This was the first mascara I have ever worn and I do think that my high standard for mascara are all because of this.

Best Primer
Benefit- They're Real Tinted Lash Primer

I am in Love Love Love with this product! I have this in the brown currently because sometimes I like to wear this alone for a real natural look.  The formula is so perfect that it goes on effortlessly and never makes your mascara clump overtop.  It helps to lengthen your lashes and assists in easy mascara application over top.  Honestly this primer works great with whatever brand or type of mascara you choose to place overtop.  I will never be without this product! Way to go Benefit!

4 comments:

  1. I haven't tried ANY of these!! YIKES!!!
    I do love They're Real mascara, didn't know they had a primer!! must try!!
    Have you tried the Dior one? It's got extenders in it? LOVE IT!

    Simply Shaunacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good info about mascara brands I have yet to try. Thank you! My personal favorite at the moment is Benefit's Roller Lash. It claims curling and lifting and fully delivers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always love makeup advice! I'm definitely a mascara girl although, lately, I'm more concerned about my disappearing eyebrows... :0

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly!! I'm not a heavy makeup wearer, but my eyes and lips are a must!! If you ever want to try some of the amazing products that AVON has to offer, my beauty biz can help! Let's connect soon! Keep blogging and shining! 😁😍

    ReplyDelete