Tuesday, February 2, 2016

It never gets easier. You just get stronger

It's time for my favorite weekly yoga post! Honestly going to yoga is probably one of the top things that I look forward to every week.  Sure it's nice to practice at home also, that's a great way to really work on positions, but I love actually attending a class.  I find attending classes is way more relaxing and I get more of a work out from a session as compared to just doing yoga at home.  At home I find that I can't really stop thinking about everything that I have to do either that day or the next day.  When I go to classes I really can just zone out and forget all worries and responsibilities for that precious small amount of time.  
   This week we went to a Vinyasa class at our usual studio.  We were at first a little disappointed that we couldn't squeeze in an aerial class this week but vinyasa was a refreshing change!  I felt more challenged in the vinyasa class.  Not having the silks to help support your weight and help with balancing really made me focus on my body position and using my core muscles to help me achieve the position I wanted to stay in.  I actually was sore the day following class.  Also the pace was a nice change, we moved through sun salutation pretty quickly so staying focused on your movements and breathes was very important.

Standing pigeon


 In this pose balance is the most important. Your standing foot must remain completely rooted into the floor with your core muscles engaged to keep yourself balanced.  Such a great position to work on balance, core and strength.  The more you sit into the position the more stretch you feel and the more of a core work out you will get from it.

  The best thing about yoga is that it's always something new.  With every class you are learning new positions and pushing yourself to new limits.  The relaxation at the end is just the icing on the cake.
  I just wanted to add that my friends are absolutely amazing! They are so great about me always
forcing them to take blog pictures with me.  Yoga nights always lead to the best girls nights.
  
    

No comments:

Post a Comment