Thursday, February 11, 2016

LUSH Valentinesday

Valentines day is just right around the corner so this is the perfect time to share two of the amazing LUSH products that are exclusive to the Valentines day season.  Valentines day is probably one of my most favorite Holidays.  I love the whole idea behind it, celebrating being happy with the people around you.  Whether you are going to celebrate with your husband, boyfriend, family or even your best friend; I feel like valentines day is just a good day to be happy and thankful for the great people we have in our lives.
I recently purchased a few little valentines day treats for myself from LUSH, Roses all the way soap and the Unicorn Horn bubble bar.  I probably will be using the soap the whole way up until Easter it seems to be lasting me forever.

Roses All the Way


Normally I am not a fan of bar soap, I am more of a shower gel kind of girl but I really couldn't resist buying this soap when I saw it.  It has the cutest shape like a little rose heart.  I love the amount you get for the price because it is seriously will last me a lot longer then I imagined.  I have barely made a dent in my bar and have been using it for about 2 weeks now. 
The scent in this soap is amazing, it really smells like fresh cut roses and the scent will stay on your skin even after getting out of the shower.  The soap is infused with a rose infusion and also rose oil which really helps to strengthen the scent.  First it starts off as a nice bright red but after being in the shower it fades to a really pretty pink over time.
One reason why I am not particularly the biggest fan of soaps is that I feel like shower gel can be more moisturizing.  Now this product definitely didn't dry out my skin in the least and left my skin feeling very clean but I missed that silky feeling that I am used to after using my Philosophy shower gels.


Unicorn Horn


Ok seriously looking at this it really does look exactly like a Unicorn Horn!  This is by far the most fun LUSH product I have tried yet.  It has the same great qualities as any of the other bubble bars from LUSH, great scent and super moisturizing.  The scent I found was very unique, not the typical sweet candy smell like the other bubble bars seem to have in common.  It has a great citrus smell with subtle scents of lavender.  I was really surprised and happy with the scent, expecting it to be sweet the  citrus scent made it very relaxing.  
One thing I learned about from this product is that it is made with Ylang Ylang Oil ( I had no idea what this was).  So small interesting fact... Ylang Ylang is actually a 60ft tropical tree!  This tree can be found in Java, Sumatra and the Philippines.  The Ylang Ylang trees three different colors of flowers; yellow, pink and mauve.  The yellow flowers are what produce the essential oils, they have the heaviest and most sweet scent.  The benefit to using this oil is for its uplifting properties to help relieve stress and treat depression. 
Don't mind my little horticulture lesson, I found this to be seriously interesting.

The bubbles from this bar were AMAZING! I only used half of the horn during my bath and was thankful for that or I would have been swimming in bubbles.  The one "off" thing I have to say about this product and maybe it just happened to me, my skin was stained a little pink when I got out of the bath.  Did this happen to anyone else after using the Unicorn Horn?  Not that I minded, the color of the water was the prettiest pink and so was my body.  The color washed off after taking a shower so it wasn't a bad thing, just surprising.

I will link to both of these Items below.  Make sure to stock up now if you are interested they go fast and are only available for a small amount of time!
Happy Valentines day Everyone!
Unicorn Horn
Roses All the Way

No comments:

Post a Comment