Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Valentines day!

So my post is a day late..oh well.  This weekend was a total whirlwind! Work was absolutely insane and then our little man was sick, but we still managed to have a Great Valentine's day.  

This year we planned a pretty low key Valentine's day which ended up being the best option with Brooks running fevers all weekend (he is finally starting to feel better today).  It was just really nice to be able to spend the day together as a family.  Costa Rica was supposed to be our Valentine's day present to each other but of course Morgan had to surprise me with presents and offering to make dinner.  I really think I am just going to stop making dinner all together and let Morgan cook every night, he is Fantastic!  He made scallops and pasta with a homemade creamy sun-dried tomato sauce. We also got fresh Oysters to start which were so so good!  Seriously Wegmans actually has great fresh Oysters I was surprised.

We shared a bottle of wine and curled up on the couch to watch a movie after dinner.  I wanted to watch a cute romantic movie since it was Valentine's day but Morgan Vetoed my choice of a Nicolas Sparks movie..and no it wasn't the notebook.. I have never seen that movie nor do I have any intention to.  I really think I am the only girl on the planet who has never seen the notebook.  Anyway, we choose the Longest Week with Jason Bateman and Olivia Wilde.  This movie was..interesting.  It wasn't a bad movie, the actors were great in it.  I just found it to be a little bizarre, definitely not something we would have picked to watch on Valentine's day date night if we knew anything about it before hand.  But once we started watching it we really couldn't turn it off, it was kind of intriguing. 

I really do love Valentine's day, for me it isn't about the presents but more about taking the time to just spend together.  However, Morgan probably is the best present giver on the planet.  I don't know how he secretly knows me so well and always gets me the most perfect gifts!  I'm really not that hard to buy for and I go on kicks were I really like certain designers or brands.  Lately I have been completely in love with everything Kate Spade.  I just find all of her things to be really fun and classy.  
Morgan surprised me with 2 very amazing Kate Spade gifts!  I love glass water bottles! I have one from Nordstroms that he got me for christmas but this new one is my favorite. "Just Add Water" how cute is that!  

And the bracelet... totally took me by surprise and I started crying.  It's stunning.  He knows how much I love rose gold.  This was the most sweetest gift and I love knowing that he really put thought into the gifts that makes it extra special.

I hope everyone had an equally wonderful Valentine's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment