Saturday, February 27, 2016

February Favorites

February is almost over and that means we are one month closer to springtime and nicer weather!  
The end of February also means that it is almost time to leave for Costa Rica!  My countdown is soon getting down into the single digits.
Last month I felt like it was a little hard to just pick 5 things that I have been loving but this month it took me no time at all.  When I sat down to start thinking about my favorites blog I knew right away everything that I wanted to include.  Maybe its because this month is the shortest so I have had fewer days to use things or I have just been using some really great stuff this month that I'm excited to share.

February Favorites!

#5- Sweet Onion Salsa from Target
Ok I know this isn't a beauty item,,, but it is beautiful to my stomach!  I am addicted to this salsa and will literally eat all of it in one sitting if I wouldn't be ashamed of myself for doing that.  Actually I don't know if I would be ashamed I just don't have the time to sit and eat an entire container of salsa.. I wish I did though!  Pick some up you will love it.


#4- Beachwood by Yankee Candle
Probable one of my favorite scents from Yankee.  It is soft but not subtle you can definitely tell throughout your house that you are burning this candle.  Perfect for pre-spring with its light floral and sandalwood scent.  For me this is my comfort smell candle.  I have so many wonderful memories associated with this scent.  When Morgan and I first started dating his apartment smelled SO BAD from whatever he left in the fridge so I bought him this candle because he didn't want anything that "smelled girly".  He loves this scent.  Him or I would burn it all the time in his apartment and whenever I smell this candle burning in our house that we own together now it just brings back all those happy memories from our beginning.



#3 Lululemon headband
I am in love with everything Lululemon and its not just because of the brand name... their stuff is just really good quality.  My hair is not super thin but its not very thick and maybe my head is just a crazy shape but normal sports headbands just don't stay in my hair.  I wear the lululemon headbands to Aerial yoga and they still never fall off.  



#2 Dandelion Shy Beam Highlight from benefit!
I got this as a deluxe sample from Sephora and already have the full size in my cart to purchase.  What an awesome product from benefit! I also am a fan of the Watts Up highlight but this one is just subtle and beautiful.  What I really like to do with this is use it right along my brow line and even in the creases of my eye.  It looks beautiful when paired against eye shadow.  I haven't used it as a highlight for my face.. I'm sure it would be perfect but I still can't go a day without using my Laura Mercier highlight.





#1! Tony Moly Eye Brightening Base
So I definitely bought this product because of the packaging.  That panda is so stinking cute and looks adorable sitting with my make-up on top of our vanity in the bathroom.  This stuff is really awesome for perking up your under eye area.  Its a light white color when you rub the stick on but then quickly blends into your skin.  I just use my finger to rub it in on my under eye area.  Its like magic... like you have slept for 8 solid hours plus!  Perfect for those days when your late for work..or up all night with a toddler who refuses to sleep.




Happy End to February! Here's to hoping that March brings more happy memories and good weather!

6 comments:

  1. So fun! I love the headband. It also caught my attention that you do aerial yoga. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely going to check out that candle -- I'm always looking for a good new scent! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love me some chips and salsa. I will have to try this Target version! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The candle and the salsa caught my eye for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im going to have to try that highlighter! I've used high beam before but it's a little much sometimes. Love how this one is more subtle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that Yankee Candle!! I will have to cave and buy one, I am still burning my Christmas ones!

    ReplyDelete