Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Sephora Splurge

Hi Everyone!  If you read my blog frequently and saw my little "wish list" that I had made for our Costa Rica trip then you are going to recognize a few little things in this blog post that I have recently purchased.  Last week I went a little Sephora crazy.  I ordered just a few things online and then went to the store by me for 1 THING! I swear I only went in there for one specific thing and came out with a ton more.  This happens to me a lot but I'm not sorry about it, I find my most loved products on these little spontaneous shopping trips!  Is that how it happens for everyone else?  When you are specifically going shopping with the intent of spending money then you can find nothing that you want to buy, but when you are trying to be good you find everything you absolutely have to have!

I knew that I needed to get a couple little things before we go to Costa Rica but I was trying to get them a little bit at a time and not drop a ton of money at once.  I ordered a few things online but then ended up going to the store as well.  Everything came on the same day so when I got home with my Sephora bag and my online order was delivered also it appeared to Morgan that I had went way over the top Sephora crazy.

Honestly I went into the store to get one of the Gwen Stefani lipsticks by Urban Decay. I really wanted the color Ex Girlfriend but of course they were sold out of it.  Instead of walking out of the store like I probably should have done I decided since I was there I was going to just browse and look at a couple other brands.
Here is a quick peek at everything I stocked up on for vacation.

LAVANILA Sunscreen-  You all know I am obsessed with LAVANILA.  I haven't tried anything from this brand that I didn't love.  I got the sunscreen because my skin has been in great shape lately and I don't want to ruin that on vacation by using sunscreen that will cause me to break out.  This sunscreen is moisturizing and mineral based.  It is made with antioxidants to help your skin stay looking healthy and bright!  LAVANILA Sunscreen . They also make a body sunscreen that I believe is at a spf of 30. 

Senorita Margarita shower gel-  Philosophy has the best scented products hands down when it comes to bath/shower products.  I love the packaging of these products because they always have cute little names and phrases on the bottles.  This shower gel has a Margarita recipe on the front.  It is the perfect lime sweet smell that you would expect from any good quality margarita your drinking.  The smell is just so fresh and yummy it makes you ready to lay on the beach and sip margaritas all day long.  Which is exactly what I plan on doing in less than a month while we are in Costa Rica!  Perfect Vacation/ Summer shower gel! philosophy shower gel

Urban Decay de-slick setting spray- So Costa Rica gets HOT!  We are also staying very close to the rainforest so the humidity is going to be extremely high as well.  The last thing I want is to spend the time putting on my make-up and then having it literally melt-off my face from sweat.  Why go through the trouble at all to buy new products, pack them and then take the time to put them on.  I have really high hopes for this product.  This product is supposed to have patented temperature control to actually lower the temperature of your make-up to keep it from getting too hot. Perfect for tropical vacations and the summer! Also this fine mist helps to control shine and oil.  I'll let you know the full review after we return! Urban Decay setting spray

Burberry Kisses Lipgloss- Love Love Love the color I got - Melon-.  It is a perfect coral/orange color with great shine.  What I love from the Burberry lipgloss line is that your lips never feel sticky but yet they keep that wet freshly glossed look.  The shine lasts for hours but your lips will never feel overally wet or sticky, just perfectly moisturized and soft.  I was so excited that this lipgloss went so well with the new liquid lipstick I got!  This is a must try for everyone its definitely worth the price. Burberry Kisses

Kat Von D  liquid lipstick-  I am the biggest fan of this liquid lipstick line! I think I am up to 4 different shades now.  I love the look of these when they are on your lips.  They look like a lip stain but unlike most lip stains they DO NOT make your lips look dry and cracked.  The color doesn't fade and will barely rub off on glass or with kisses haha.  Of course you are going to have a small amount of color come off on glasses but it is nothing compared to any other normal lipstick brand I have ever tried.  The color range of this line is crazy! They seriously make a color that absolutely everyone will love.  The color I got was Beloved which is a soft coral color and goes perfectly with a little burberry kisses on top! Kat Von D Everlasting liquid lipstick

NARS blush-  It appears that this spring I am on kind of a peachy coral kick with my colors.  I picked up this amazing NARS blush which I have been looking at all winter and finally purchased.  The color I believe is one of their most popular its called Orgasm.  Absolutely wonderful! You can wear it light or go a little heavier for more of a bright look.  The shimmer really helps to draw attention to your cheek bones.  I can't wait until I get a bit of a tan because I think they will look perfect to wear with nothing else on your skin.  NARS blush
 
 * I also picked up a deluxe sample of the NARS Audacious Mascara but I will wait and share that in my upcoming blog devoted to just Mascaras*

 Maybe if we all start stocking up on our spring must haves then it will encourage the weather to get warmer faster!  

No comments:

Post a Comment